ACRI is pleased to present the results of its inaugural rail industry survey. Access to the ACRI Industry Survey
The survey, the first of its kind to gather stakeholder feedback on the opportunities and challenges facing the industry, was undertaken in partnership with Synergies Economic Consulting.
There was an excellent response from industry, with a total of 157 completing the survey, of whom around one quarter were Senior Executives.
The results provide a good basis for understanding and formulating future strategic directions for the industry. Key findings are as follows:
- The most common strategic priority identified by respondents is the need for stronger policy coordination, planning and integration of rail, freight and other transport modes (nominated by 55% of respondents as one of their top eight strategic priorities)
- Almost all respondents believe that improving operational efficiency is critical or important.
- 56% of respondents said that economic regulation of the industry needs improving
- Only 18% of respondents think the current industry structure is “about right”.
- 84% told us that the industry would benefit from a stronger knowledge base. ACRI is already active in improving the industry’s knowledge base.
ACRI intends to repeat the survey in future years so as to build a picture of how issues and perceptions change over time. We would welcome any feedback you may have on the survey or any issues it raises.
Chief Executive Officer