An opportunity to manage a program of collaborative research projects focused on delivering implementable outcomes for the rail industry
ACRI is a dynamic not-for-profit research organisation servicing a range of participants in the rail and broader transport sector by providing professional, independent applied research and analysis and innovative solutions. ACRI’s participants cover a broad range of entities and collaborate to identify and scope research and analysis across a range of discipline areas
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, ACRI is seeking a person with relevant tertiary qualifications and/ or high-level competency and experience to:
- Provide leadership in project management and collaborative research practices
- Manage key stakeholder relationships with research participants and research providers
- Manage program resources and maintain effective Board reporting
- Promote implementable research project outcomes
- Assist the CEO in expanding ACRI research capability
- Extensive knowledge of project management practice including project performance setting, monitoring and reporting
- High level of skills to strategically manage a program of research at a corporate level with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well-developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to act independently as well work in a team environment
Other Requirements/ Skills
The ability to travel interstate/overseas when required;
- The ability to travel interstate/overseas when required;
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a security assessment to obtain a Baseline security clearance, and to maintain that level of clearance while employed at the ACRI;
- Experience and recognized expertise in research management as applied to industry, including leadership of multidisciplinary teams and management and delivery of research and development outcomes within defined budgets.
This role is a full time, fixed term contract up to end June 2020, with a three year extension option to follow for the right candidate, and is based in ACRI’s Canberra CBD office.
A competitive remuneration package will be available for the successful applicant based on relevant qualifications and experience.
Applicants are required to submit a written application addressing the essential criteria and curriculum vitae demonstrating their suitability for the role.
Applications close Wednesday 19 September 2018
Shortlisted applicants likely to be interviewed 21 – 28 September.
Applications will be treated in confidence.