An opportunity exists for an experienced Project Manager to manage research projects and strategic analysis activities focused on delivering research outcomes to rail industry for the Australasian Centre for Rail Innovation (ACRI).
ACRI is a dynamic not-for-profit research organisation servicing a range of participants in the rail and broader transport sector by providing professional, independent applied research, strategic and economic analysis and innovative solutions for the industry.
With a reputation for excellence in industry-led research, the organisation is growing and continues to build upon its successful first three years of operation.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer ACRI is seeking a person with relevant tertiary qualifications and/or high-level competency and experience.
- Providing leadership in the adoption of world class project management practices and the application of these practices to the management of projects within ACRI Research Programs and commissioned projects;
- Managing resources and maintaining effective records for all projects;
- Identifying opportunities for and promoting cooperation between research providers;
- Promoting research project outcomes that are practical, adoptable and can be commercialised;
- Providing leadership in Intellectual Property (IP) development, adoption and commercialisation from projects;
- Manage key stakeholder relationships, both domestically and internationally;
- Assist the CEO in expanding ACRI research capability.
- Extensive knowledge of project management practice including project performance setting, monitoring and reporting;
- High level of skills to undertake a wide range of project development and management activities at a corporate level;
- The ability to provide advice and liaise with a wide range of individuals including researchers, government and industry stakeholders;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and teamwork skills and in particular the ability to develop constructive relationships and liaise with a broad range of stakeholders;
- Well-developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills;
- Good knowledge of business concepts and practices such as strategic planning, business planning, business communication and associated systems;
- Self-motivation with the ability to act independently and take initiative as well as the ability to work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated time management skills.
Other Requirements/ Skills
The ability to travel interstate/overseas when required;
- The ability to travel interstate/overseas when required;
- The successful applicant will be required to undergo a security assessment to obtain a Baseline security clearance, and to maintain that level of clearance while employed at the ACRI;
- Experience and recognized expertise in research management as applied to industry, including leadership of multidisciplinary teams and management and delivery of research and development outcomes within defined budgets;
- Experience with Prince2.
This role is a full time, fixed term contract up to end June 2020, with a three year extension option to follow for the right candidate, and is based in ACRI’s Canberra CBD office.
A competitive remuneration package will be available for the successful applicant based on relevant qualifications and experience.
Applicants are required to submit a written application addressing the essential criteria and curriculum vitae demonstrating their suitability for the role.
Applications close Monday 17 July 2017.
Applications will be treated in confidence.