Following the success of the inaugural RISSB Rail Cyber Security Conference, RISSB and Informa are proud to announce that this year’s conference will be held on the 11 and 12 September 2018 at the newly opened Calile Hotel in Brisbane.
From driverless trains to new signalling and communications systems, the Australian rail industry is embracing the automation and innovation of the digital railway. With new frontiers come new dangers and recent examples, both near and far, show us how crucial cyber security has become for critical infrastructure systems. Infrastructure damage, threats to safety, disruptions, economic loss and data breaches are all possible outcomes from compromised operational technology. To increase your understanding of these vulnerabilities and discuss strategies to protect your rail assets, the 2018 RISSB Rail Cyber Security Conference will build upon the foundations set by the case-studies and open discussions shared in 2017. It will bring together experts from across the cyber security field, government agencies, leading technology suppliers and academics to address all of your concerns in safeguarding your critical rail infrastructure from cyber threats. Topics will include:
- Evolving threat profile: Cyber security outlook for Australia
- Technical case studies
- Managing threats to the railway network and supply chain
- Response and recovery strategies
- Culture, awareness and training
- Capability and leadership
- Moving from legacy systems
- Security system updates: Software and vendor solutions
- Protecting existing control systems
- The convergence of information technology (IT) and operational technology (OT)
- Integration or Isolation of (OT and IT) networks?
- The commercial importance of security governance
- Access, secure and certify – The Security Cycle